Re: Any one using Compaq(DEC) Tru64 UNIX?

From: W . Northcott
Subject: Re: Any one using Compaq(DEC) Tru64 UNIX?
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 12:06:19 +1000

Paul wrote:
>Hmm. OK, i'm in.  But you will have to tell me what you see and how to
>reproduce it, as I was not aware of any ArtStkMkt discussion going on

Don't work on ArtStkMkt for a moment.  I am still not getting all the
tests to pass on the libraries.

My remaining problem is is tests/defobj/forwarding.m

I gave the default output of this a couple of messages back.
Basically the method fm1i returns '9.000000' which is deemed not equal to
'9.0' and therefore a failure.

I groveled a bit and found the following so far:
1.  the methods cm1i, sm1i and lm1i are not declared in the interface
part.  This appears not to affect the operation of the code.

2.  Commenting out the tests for fm1i and dm1i everything passes thus:

im1i: 5
{q@:i} address@hidden:address@hidden:+16i+24}
lm1i: 7
{*@:} address@hidden:address@hidden:+16}
[testObject] `DelegateObject'
{*@:@} address@hidden:address@hidden@+8:address@hidden
[testObject:] `<anObject0>'
{*@:@@} address@hidden:address@hidden@address@hidden:address@hidden@+32}
[testObject::] `<anObject0>,<anObject1>'
{*@:@@@}
address@hidden:address@hidden@address@hidden@+8:address@hidden@address@hidden
[testObject:::] `<anObject0>,<anObject1>,<anObject2>'
PASS: forwarding
==================
All 2 tests passed
==================

So fm1i and dm1i are the only failures in my libs.

3.  Re-enabling the dm1i call produces this:

{q@:i} address@hidden:address@hidden:+16i+24}
lm1i: 7
{d@:i} address@hidden:address@hidden:+16i+24}
dm1i: 11.000000
/bin/sh: 39900 Floating exception - core dumped
FAIL: forwarding
1 of 2 tests failed

This looks more interesting.  ArtStkMkt core dumps with the same error. In
that case due to the current agent's profit reaching -1.1e308.

I will have a hack at this with the debugger.  Is the behaviour the same
on your DEC UNIX v4.0 box?

Thanks for your interest
Bill Northcott