Re: GridData patch effort; Protocol of arguments in obj-c

From: pauljohn
Subject: Re: GridData patch effort; Protocol of arguments in obj-c
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2001 07:42:43 -0500

"Marcus G. Daniels" wrote:

> PJ> I don't understand what _I_Using is?
>
> It comes from the PHASE(Using) tag in the implementation.  It's a delimiter
> that the phase splitting stuff uses.

OK, let me ask it this way. I don't understand how to fix my
code so my space class is able to find - _I_Using.  I am
following the pattern of Discrete2d, and I have the same imports
and inheritance, except instead of Discrete2d, I implement
Discrete2d. Now here is the relevant part from Discrete2d.h:

#import <objectbase/SwarmObject.h>
#import <space.h>

@interface Discrete2d: SwarmObject <Discrete2d>
{
@public
  unsigned xsize, ysize;
  id *lattice;
  long *offsets;
}

I don't understand how Discrete2d is able to find -_I_Using and
my class cannot, since mine is subclassed from SwarmObject too.

Dept. of Political Science
http://lark.cc.ukans.edu/~pauljohn