new model

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: new model
Date: 08 Oct 2001 10:25:39 -0600

Wissem Khefifi has contributed a new model.  It's at:

  ftp://ftp.swarm.org/pub/swarm/src/users-contrib/ARMYANT.TGZ

Please contact <address@hidden> for further
details..

--- Begin Message --- Subject: Odp: concerning Armyant.tgz Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2001 18:15:56 -0700
Hi,
thank you for your e-mail.
my application (Armyant) is a simulation of a complex behaviors of a group
of agents/robots. it's the theme of my thesis in robotics.
I'm stuying at the University of  technology in Wroclaw (Poland), at the
departement of fundamental Cybernetics and robotics.
the simulation represents a group of robots that has to find mines and pick
them to the dump. because one robot can't pick up by itself the mine, it
communicates with others robots in goal to selforganise a group, able to
pick up the mine and transport it to the dump. each robot has a detection
zone and a calling zone (to call other robots).each mine has a calling zone
(to call robots). I think that this application is the first use of Swarm in
Robotics (simulation of comple behavior of a group of agents/robots).
For more information please contact me.
Wissem Khefifi

--- End Message ---