Swarm RPMs. Current. Fresh. Tasty. getCurrentValue from Sequences works

From: Paul E Johnson
Subject: Swarm RPMs. Current. Fresh. Tasty. getCurrentValue from Sequences works too
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 17:28:20 -0600

OK, here is the good stuff today:

http://lark.cc.ukans.edu/~pauljohn/Swarm/Swarm-2.2x_RPMSforRH7.2/

You should find RPMs:
http://lark.cc.ukans.edu/~pauljohn/Swarm/Swarm-2.2x_RPMSforRH7.2/swarm-2.1.127.20020107-1.i386.rpm
http://lark.cc.ukans.edu/~pauljohn/Swarm/Swarm-2.2x_RPMSforRH7.2/swarm-gcjswarm-2.1.127.20020107-1.i386.rpm
http://lark.cc.ukans.edu/~pauljohn/Swarm/Swarm-2.2x_RPMSforRH7.2/swarm-jdk-2.1.127.20020107-1.i386.rpm
http://lark.cc.ukans.edu/~pauljohn/Swarm/Swarm-2.2x_RPMSforRH7.2/swarm-static-2.1.127.20020107-1.i386.rpm

Now, here's the really exiciting part. These include a little patch we just discussed in swarm-support that lets you get the current values of sequences that are being shown in a graph. So you can use them to stop a simulation when a certain value is reached. How exciting.

So if you use this RPM, you can do things like:

id pctSeq, changeSeq;

// imagine you have an EZGraph created called "opinionGraph"
// I'm not pasting in my example because it is all junked up with
// unusual options and hdf5 save stuff.

// now add a sequence, and catch the return as "pctSeq"
    pctSeq = [opinionGraph createSequence: "Opinion = YES"
                      withFeedFrom:  [modelSwarm getInfluenceGrid]
                       andSelector: M(getPctTypeOne)];

// add an average sequence too!
      changeSeq = [opinionGraph createAverageSequence: "Opinion Changed"
                  withFeedFrom: [modelSwarm getCitizenList]
                  andSelector: M(getChanged)];

After that, calls like [pctSeq getCurrentValue] and [changeSeq getCurrentValue] work, i.e., you get back a double from them you can test. I hope you find this as delightful as I do. Until now, I was keeping a separate set of records on the variables that the sequences represent in order to stop the sim at the right time.

pj