Re: probe crash. Tips?

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: Re: probe crash. Tips?
Date: 14 Jan 2002 18:01:47 -0700

PJ> With swarm-2002-01-07, I see a crash when I try to probe into an
PJ> object that is shown in a raster.  It crashes when I try to right
PJ> click on the superclass name in the probe display window.  I have
PJ> not seen this crash before with this project, the old right click
PJ> and work your way up the class hierarchy used to work.

Using the code you sent me in private e-mail, I found the cause.
The problem should not occur with today's snapshot:

  ftp://ftp.swarm.org/pub/swarm/src/testing/swarm-2002-01-14.tar.gz

Also, I've made a new pretest for this and other fixes:

  ftp://ftp.swarm.org/pub/swarm/binaries/w32/latest/Swarm-2.2-pretest-5.tar.gz

Besides these fixes and some improvements for COM, the main change is an
update to GCC 3.0.3 from 3.0.2.