Which Linux for Mac works best with Swarm?

From: Akiko Ogawa
Subject: Which Linux for Mac works best with Swarm?
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 14:30:36 -0500

Hello everyone,

If any of you are using Swarm in your Mac, would you give me your opinions about which Linux for Mac would be the best environment for Swarm programming?  "Best" one, of course, may be different in different aspects.  Your inputs in any aspects of using Swarm in Mac would be appreciated.

I've just bought an iBook and want to install one of the Linux's for Mac (SuSE, LinuxPPC, Yellow Dog, etc) to run Swarm on.  I wish Swarm ran on Mac OS X, but It sounds like not really soon if it ever happens. I've  never used Linux in a Mac before.  I know Swarm for PPC was built on LinuxPPC. But I read someone's comment in this list that Swarm can run in some others, too.

I'd even love to know just how many people use which Linux so I know how much help I can potentially get when I have a trouble using each product.  (Isn't it one of the good reasons for buying whatever everyone is using?)

Thank you in advance.

Akiko
Akiko Ogawa
Department of Environmental and Forest Biology
College of Environmental Science and Forestry
State University of New York
e-mail: address@hidden