Java-based plotting

From: William T. Stockhausen
Subject: Java-based plotting
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 09:28:32 -0500

FYI,

For those interested in java-based scientific plotting packages, I suggest
checking out NOAA-EPIC's Scientific Graphics Toolkit
(http://www.epic.noaa.gov/java/sgt/index.html).  Plotting capabilities
(contours, line graphs, vector plots, etc. but not, I think, histograms)
look pretty good.  The package consists of a set of java classes for
creating plots.  I just found the site, so I haven't had a chance to check
out its ease-of-use.

[PS--Thanks to Ken Cline and Marcus for help with my Colormap/Zoomraster
question]

Regards,

Buck
*William T. Stockhausen                     e-mail: address@hidden     *
*Senior Marine Scientist                    voice : 804-684-7643      *
*Virginia Institute of Marine Science       fax   : 804-684-7250      *
*College of William and Mary                http://www.vims.edu/~buck *
*Greate Road                                                          *
*Gloucester Point, VA 23062-1346                                      *