Re: Compare Swarm with Repast

From: Gulyas Laszlo
Subject: Re: Compare Swarm with Repast
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 23:54:46 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

Actually, we do have a Repast Tutorial on our class
website at http://www.courses.fas.harvard.edu/~gov2015/Tutorial/
although that is geared towards political scientists and, I am
afraid, is a bit less commented than SimpleBugs.

It may still help, though.

Gulya

On Sun, 11 Aug 2002, Xiaodong Li wrote:

> Dear swarm modelers,
>
> Just had a browse at Repast Web site... I am wondering if anyone has done
> some serious comparison between Swarm and Repast.  It seems that Repast
> offers features almost just as good as Swarm, apart from its advantages of
> being built upon Java. Can anyone tell any pitfall before I consider to
> jump in the boat?
>
> It seems to me that Repast lacks of good tutorials and application examples
> for beginners to follow... I cannot find anything like the simpleBug to
> ExperBug that kind of examples, which I think is very helpful in Swarm.
>
> Comments are appreciated.
>
> - Xiaodong
>
> RMIT Uni. Melbourne, VIC, Australia

Laszlo Gulyas                           address@hidden
AI Laboratory                           http://www.sztaki.hu/~gulyas/
Computer and Automation Research Inst.  H-1111, Budapest, Kende u. 13-17.
Hungarian Academy of Sciences           * 36 1 209-6194

--> On leave at Government Department, Harvard University      <--
--> 113b VanSerge, Mails: 34 Kirkland st., Cambridge, MA 02138 <--
--> address@hidden, (617) 384-9088                     <--