Re: [Swarm-Support] Re: Opinions among swarm agents

From: Steve Railsback
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Support] Re: Opinions among swarm agents
Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2003 07:03:53 -0800

Kanagaraj Krishna wrote:

> Hi,
>    I'm working on a simulation regarding management of trust among agents in
> multi-agent system trading society. I'm using java SWARM.
>
> -Each agent in this model keeps info on past meetings with other agents for
> trading. It keeps info such as (AgentID, trust rating, no of meetings, time
> of meetings).
>
> -Each agents have a list of their known/trusted(friends etc..) agents to get
> info/opinion(trust rating) on other agents in the soiety before trading with
> them.
>
> This involves a lot of info, can Map be used for both functions, because as I
> know it only keeps 2 kinds of info (ID,key). How can i fit all the infos
> using Maps during simulation.
>
> Are there any other alternative options?

The benefit of a map of course is that if you know a key value, you can
go directly to the object on the map for that key, instead of looping
through a list looking for the right object.

One solution that may help you is creating a class for meeting
information: all its objects would do is hold values for AgentID, trust
rating, time of meeting, etc. THen every time an agent meets another
agent, it could instantiate a new meeting info object, store the meeting
information in it, and put it on a map.

Another trick to remember is that the object you put on a map could be
another map, or a list- So you could have one map keyed by what agents
you have met with, and at each such key there is another map keyed by
meeting...or just a list of meeting info objects.

Steve

--
Lang Railsback & Assoc.
250 California Ave.