Re: [Swarm-Support] return Object color

From: Paul Johnson
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Support] return Object color
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 08:53:42 -0500

Get the object, then ask it for its color. Write in your object a method

- (int)getColor;

maybe it is OK if the return is (Color), I don't recall.

Then when you take an object off the grid, you have to cast it
to be a certain type of object, say Heatbug, and then use getColor to find its color.

If you have only a few colors, a model like this may go faster if you
create separate grids, one for each color. That way you know what color you are getting when you take an object out.

Suman Kanuganti wrote:
Ok; my simulation at a place needs the following task:

The randomly moving objects in the space created using
putObject$atX$Y . Now at some moment for the condition
based on some object color i need to change the
present object behaviour. Here I could make use of getObjectAtX$Y(Object,x,y) ;
but i am not able to use it properly. Its description
says it returns the pointer stored at x,y.
What I need is to read the color of the object at x,y;
can i make use of the above method somehow but what it
returns for the objects other than null, i dont know.

Any one, any suggestions, thanks very much,

Suman Kanuganti

=====
Suman Kanuganti,
Swarm Group, Anth Dept.,