[Swarm-Support] memory leaks

From: Vegard Hartmann
Subject: [Swarm-Support] memory leaks
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 15:29:47 +0200 (MEST)

Hi,
I am having a problem with surviving objects. I use Java on Fedora and I have a simulation with an observerswarm that runs a series of subswarms. For each step of the observerswarm schedule, I create a list containing subswarms, and then run each of these subswarms until they finish. Then I iterate through the list of subswarms and sends the drop() message to each one to have them deleted. Then I create a new bunch of subswarms and so on. The problem is that it appears that the subswarms and their contents are not deleted when I pass them the drop message.

Does anyone know how I can delete the subswarms properly? I have been thinking of reusing the subswarms, but I am not sure how to re-initialise their schedules and then run them once more.

-Vegard