[Swarm-Support] please help with Swarm and NetBeans

From: Angela Johana Muñoz Idrobo
Subject: [Swarm-Support] please help with Swarm and NetBeans
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 11:38:11 -0500

Hi

We are from Colombia, We speak Spanish so sorry about possible mistakes in our English wrinting.

We are programming with Swarm 2.1.1 using NetBeans IDE , we think Swarm 2.1.1 does not need to have installed cygwin so we compile and run our application from within NetBeans. We are not using the Control Panel to manage the simulation instead we use a interface that extends of JFrame. When we start the simulation clilcking in a JButton we create a object of HiloSimulacion class, this class extends of Thread class of java, and also we start this thread. In the run() method of the thread we call to Globals.env.initSwarm, we build the objects that needs the model, we build the actions, we active the model and finally we start the model`s activity with next() method. The first time we run our application, using NetBeans, everything is ok but when we run it again we got the following exception:

An unexpected exception has been detected in native code outside the VM.
Unexpected Signal : EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) occurred at PC=0x6104C688
Function=sem_post+0x90
Library=C:\Swarm-2.1.1\bin\cygwin1.dll
Current Java thread:
       at swarm.SwarmEnvironment.initSwarm(Native Method)
       at simulacion.HiloSimulacion.run(HiloSimulacion.java:53)

we attach to this email the error report file “hs_err_pid312.log”

What do you think about this problem? do you think it is necessary to move on to Swarm-2.2 to solve this exception? Please write us something, thanks a lot

Angela address@hidden, address@hidden
Andres address@hidden, address@hidden

MSN Amor: busca tu ½ naranja http://latam.msn.com/amor/