Re: [Swarm-Support] error: TkExtra (instance) when attempting to run the

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Support] error: TkExtra (instance) when attempting to run the Jheatbugs demo on Windows XP with jdk 1.5
Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2006 19:03:27 -0600

Jason Nichols wrote:
I have followed the instructions and when I attempt
to run the demo app I receive the following error: "error: TkExtra
(instance)   This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in
an unusual way.  Please contact the application's support team for more
information."  This is after scaffolding output of "This is
StartHeatbugs.main()".  I'm guessing this has something to do with the
tcl84.dll and/or the tk84.dll in the bin folder of the swarm package.  Any
advice on how I can resolve this issue would be greatly appreciated.  I'm
running on windows xp with jdk 1.5.0_09.  The compilation returns no errors.
You'll get that error if SWARMHOME is not set. Btw, take care to use a forward slash in the path.