[Swarm-Support] Multiple Simulation Runs

From: jojo . nienhaus
Subject: [Swarm-Support] Multiple Simulation Runs
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2010 15:41:42 +0100

Dear all,

I am an economics student, new to swarm, and currently doing my diploma thesis.
I have got some Problems with Java/swarm. Maybe someone can help me?

I want to do multiple (40 or so) simulations in batch mode, without restarting
the programme after each run. The Problem is that I get a maximum of 397.000
simulation iterations. That is enough for each run, since I only need 300.000.
But somehow there is a problem with the multiple run design, I have. After
90.000 iterations of the second run the simulation is aborted.
The error message says something about “malloc”.
I suppose there is some problem with the memory?
If I put the swarm initialization in the for-loop for the iteration it breaks
down immediately after the first run. Is there some method of finilizing swarm
or clear all memory or so in order to prevent that?
I would be very thankful for your help, I am working on that for 4 days now and
have no clue what else I could try…

Thank you very much in advance!

Best Regards

Johannes Nienhaus

--
GMX DSL Doppel-Flat ab 19,99 €/mtl.! Jetzt auch mit