Re: [Swarm-Support] Compiling Swarm on OS X

From: William Northcott
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Support] Compiling Swarm on OS X
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 18:41:05 +1100

Hi Colin

The cause of massively broken .xm files is the use of the Darwin system (BSD)
sed.   Configure should have bitched about this.  Maybe someone improved it.
You can only build Swarm with GNU sed.

Please let me know how you get on.  I was thinking of trying to clean up the
Mac build.  Maybe even bite the bullet and remove the nested functions and
other things that are gcc specific.  It would be nice to get it to build with
LLVM Clang which should produce better code.

Cheers
Bill