[Swarm-Support] swarm mail archiving broken (maybe)

From: Rick Riolo
Subject: [Swarm-Support] swarm mail archiving broken (maybe)
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2012 21:21:18 -0400

hi,
FYI...
i think  fhe swarm.prg mail list archives are not adding new msessages.
...i am actually surpeised the messages are being fowarded to
the list members, but i guess they are since  i received this] one.

i an pretty sure they broke las4t firday.wwhen we mmoved the
swrm.org site and mailman system  to a new server.,

we hope to have thhhgs goinng by monday sometime.

--r

ps if you received this msg and/or the msg below, please carry  out some
random process that gives yoo a approx .a 1.]in 50 chance of "wiinning\"
 and if y ou  ]do , send me a msg letting me know you receeived one or
both of them,
thx

Rick Riolo                           address@hidden
Center for the Study of Complex Systems (CSCS)
317b West Hall
University of Michigan         Ann Arbor MI 48109-1107
Phone: 734 763 3323                  Fax: 734 763 9267
http://cscs.umich.edu/~rlr

On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 6:15 PM, hi wrote:

On Jun 1, 2012, at 2:27 PM, Paul Johnson wrote:

> On 05/31/2012 02:08 PM, Scott Christley wrote:

>>> Bummer.
>>>
>>> Is there anything to be done?
>>
>> Yes.  Porting Swarm to Mac required me to write an objc abstraction layer, during that process Apple came out with ObjC V2 so I naturally wrote the abstraction layer to match Apple's API.  If you look at the file swarm-objc-apple2.h in src/defobj, you will see that all of the Swarm objc functions are just #define'd to the Apple objc functions.  The same thing can be done for GNU objc by creating a swarm-objc-gnu2.h then have it be included from swarm-objc-api.h under the right conditions (i.e. some check for GNU and objc version).  If the Apple and GNU runtimes have the same behavior, which I think they are suppose to, then the objc abstraction layer can be tossed completely and ObjC V2 used directly.
>>

> Thanks very much.  I would like to ask for a show of hands here to ask if there is anybody else besides me who would
> like to talk this over and work on this?
>
> I will have some time in later June to focus on this, if I could find a few team mates, it might be more fun.

If you put time into it, you will surely overcome my inertia and I will help get it working.

cheers
Scott