[Swftools-common] some problems with swftools

From: John Taber
Subject: [Swftools-common] some problems with swftools
Date: Sun, 9 May 2004 07:56:18 -0700

I am experiencing some problems with swftools:
1) won't find t1lib.h and compile pdf2swf - will try more of Matthias'
suggestions
2) swfc will not take a png (as generated by Impress or Gimp) due to no
support for interlace mode 1
3) Will not accept any swf produced by Impress no matter how simple.
4) with swfc - the command "play mysound nomultiple" seems to continue to play
after a pause at the end

I think there is a real opportunity for Swftools to work with  OO/Impress
since Impress does not export sounds, avi's , or even any actions in swf and
Impress is a good frontend to creating a series of slides/frames.  But at the
moment the swftools seem difficult to use - maybe some real-life examples
would enable many people to use this combination.
I'd be happy to write up some sample if I can get them to work.