Re: [Swftools-common] Gif's with transparent backgrounds

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Gif's with transparent backgrounds
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 17:12:08 +0200

On Thu, Aug 26, 2004 at 11:57:16AM -0600, Jake Hilton wrote:
> New to the list I thought I'd ask a question that may have been answered
> before (flame away).
>
> When people use transparent gif's in their presentations is there a way
> to change the files to png's rather than just jpg's? png files support
> transparencies and so ultimately rather than use the jpg file format at
> all png would work just as well if not better.

Not entirely sure how this question relates to this list,
but I'll assume that it's a swfc question, in which case the answer
is this:

There's already a ".png" command in the swfc fileformat specification,
which is, however, not implemented yet, because so far nobody asked
for it. :)
But yes, once it's implemented, it will also support transparency.

Greetings

Matthias