Re: [Swftools-common] swfc gradient example

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] swfc gradient example
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2004 19:19:39 +0200

On Sat, Oct 23, 2004 at 10:50:48PM -0400, Chris Flowers wrote:
> Is there a way to set the gradient's angle without having to rotate the
> outline shape?

Good idea. I added a "rotate" parameter to .gradient in the latest
version, so now you can do:

.gradient blackwhite rotate=90:
    0% black
    100% white
.end

> And when using radial fills how would you offset the center xy?

That's not possible yet, as I'm not sure how to
a) specify the offset itself
b) specify the radius (which is no longer simply half the diameter
   of the object which is filled with the gradient)

Both these two would have to be parameters of .filled, not .gradient,
as they are relative to the object that is filled.
As .filled knows nothing about gradients, however, I can't think of
a "clean" syntax.

Greetings

Matthias