[Swftools-common] back from /dev/null

From: De Clarke
Subject: [Swftools-common] back from /dev/null
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 20:27:53 -0700

Hi Matthias and community.  I am almost embarrassed to unlurk and speak
up here, as I was helping a bit with swfc a while back and then dropped
out of sight for a long time due to personal and business matters
overwhelming me.  Apologies to Matthias!  I am very glad to see (by
lurking all these months) that development continues.

I even have, at last, some time to play with swf stuff again and am
thinking about a new problem, which is importing quicktime movies into
swf.  Can I bring a QT movie in as an object with free rotation?  must
I use some other tools to convert it to some other format first? I ask
this because quicktime movies are all landscape, whereas I want to
take some footage in portrait mode (subject is taller than it is
wide) for best detail -- and then annotate with text/titles to augment
the sound track.  Sounds like swftools to me :-)

I'm about to track down the latest greatest source... and Matthias I
have a new platform now, not only old Red Hat Linux but also the latest
Red Hat RHE3 and a Mac OS/X Darwin with X11.  So new compiling adventures
lie ahead.

de

: De Clarke, Cycling Curmudgeon                    UCO/Lick Observatory, UCSC :
: address@hidden      |                    NO MA'AM                           :
: ICE:    just say no |                WE'RE PROGRAMMERS                      :