Re: [Swftools-common] PDF converts with hidden objects that extend Docum

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] PDF converts with hidden objects that extend Document edges
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2004 09:50:17 +0100

On Mon, Dec 13, 2004 at 07:13:18PM -0800, Clyde Sparks wrote:
> I have tracked the problem to being "hidden" artifact objects inside the
> original PDF file that are embedded in the SWF.
> When these "hidden" objects extend past the document edges they
> effectively extend the document's width and height.

Yes, I have heard about this problem before. Those hidden
objects are usually printer margins, crop marks etc. which are
part of the PDF, but not inside the PDF's MediaBox.

> See this page for a graphical schematic of the Document/Artifact
> relationship:
> http://www.clydesparks.com/test/BoundingBoxProblem_2004-12-13a.html
>
> Question: Are there any SWF Tools that I could use to either:
> 1) extract the artifact object?
> 2) change the artifact's width/height bounding box to be within the main
> Document's bounding box?
> 3) Any other ideas on how to fix???

I now changed the pdf2swf code so that objects whose bounding box is
completely outside the page are not drawn anymore.
This will, of course, not work for objects which are partly inside the
page (like the red object in your example). Does this case actually
occur, btw.?

Greetings

Matthias