[Swftools-common] Problems with PDF2SWF tool

From: Baskar Ganesh
Subject: [Swftools-common] Problems with PDF2SWF tool
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2005 06:06:17 -0500

Hi,

I installed pdf2swf tool in windows and converted some sample pdfs . I found some of the shortcomings with this tool. Can anyone please tell me is there any solution for these or these are the features.

1. The depth of the color gets changed when the pdf gets converted to a flash animation. The difference in the color is rather drastic.

2. The font size is reduced in the swf when compared to the original pdf document.

3. The fonts become blur in the swf after conversion. The legibility in the swf animation decreases.

4. The edges of few figures in the actual pdf file become blunt in the swf file after conversion.

5. If the pdf contains a few bordered images then the swf does not contain the full border. The tool truncates the borders. A general observation is that the right side of the bordered text gets truncated.

Regards,

Baskar Ganesh.

Sign-up for Ads Free at Mail.com
http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup