Re: [Swftools-common] Problems with PDF2SWF tool

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Problems with PDF2SWF tool
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2005 16:39:30 +0100

On Wed, Jan 05, 2005 at 06:06:17AM -0500, Baskar Ganesh wrote:
> <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN:  ...
> <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN:  ...
> <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN:  ...
> <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN:  ...
> <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN:  ...
> <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN:  ...

Could you turn off html generation in your mailer, please?

> I installed pdf2swf tool in windows and converted some sample pdfs . I
> found some of the shortcomings with this tool. Can anyone please tell me
> is there any solution for these or these are the
> features.
>
> 1. The depth of the color gets changed when the pdf gets converted to
>    a flash animation. The difference in the color is rather drastic.

That's a known problem, and will most probably be fixed in the next
version.

> 2. The font size is reduced in the swf when compared to the original
>    pdf document.

Not sure what this is about. Could you send me an example PDF?

> 3. The fonts become blur in the swf after conversion. The legibility
> in the swf animation decreases.

(?) Maybe you are converting Type3 Fonts? Those are currently stored
as bitmaps.
Could you send me a sample PDF for that as well?

> 4. The edges of few figures in the actual pdf file become blunt in the
> swf file after conversion.
> 5. If the pdf contains a few bordered images then the swf does not
> contain the full border. The tool truncates the borders. A general
> observation is that the right side of the bordered text gets
> truncated.

Hm, and for that, too. Thanks!

Greetings

Matthias