[Swftools-common] New to SWFTools with questions

From: Brett W. McCoy
Subject: [Swftools-common] New to SWFTools with questions
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 14:03:30 -0500

Hi, I'm new to Flash, never used it before (not even in Windows), and I am venturing into it with all of the free tools, using Linux, and got some stuff installed this weekend... so forgive me if these seem like questions with obvious answers. I do have a programming background in C/C++, Perl and Java, though, so hopefully I can pick up on things quickly.

1. Is there formal documentation on the scripting language used for swfc? There is a manual online on the SWFTools site, but I am looking more for a reference, with each command listed and all of the available options for each command (like how there is a man page for each C function).

2. Is this scripting language something invented for SWFTools or is this an implementation of a more standardized thing?

3. On a more practical note, any tips on creating a progress indicator when loading a Flash file using the SWFTools?

4. What happened to OpenSWF? It looks like something interesting but doesn't seem to exist anymore...

--
Rule of Feline Frustration:
        When your cat has fallen asleep on your lap and looks utterly