Re: [Swftools-common] outputting multiple files

From: Brett W. McCoy
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] outputting multiple files
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 17:05:51 -0500

Kurzius, Brian wrote:

This is a great tool but I have a pretty simple question that can save me a LOT of time. I have a couple of hundred .pdf files which need to be converted to .swf. I've tried using this command: pdf2swf *.pdf, but this doesm't accept wildcards. In windows is there another way that I can go through the contents of a directory and convert all of the files to .swf--without creating a batch file with a line for each conversion?

It's been a long time since I did batch programming... I don't recall if batch files support iteration (for loops). You can use a scripting langauge like Perl or Python or Ruby to do this, or install something like CygWin to use shell scripting like bash or ksh that do let you interate over everything in a directory using a wildcard.

--
Rule of Feline Frustration:
        When your cat has fallen asleep on your lap and looks utterly