Re: [Swftools-common] Python Module

From: michael geary
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Python Module
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2005 08:43:00 -0700

Hey Michael, I was afraid of that! :/
I just thought there may be some "lesser" form of docs that existed.

I was looking to find more info on tags and usage.
There doesn't seems to be any tag members, like tag.id, tag.type etc.
I want to start trying to create swfs from scratch.

Does "unfolding" and "folding" of the tags have to do with zlib compression?

no idea.

However, I do have some scripts that Matthias sent me that I was going to reverse-engineer to extrapolate some documentation. This might give you some pointers on creating SWFs with the Python module:

import SWF
import Image

swf = SWF.create(version=5, bbox=(0,0,512,512), fps=25)

color_darkblue = SWF.Color(r=0,g=0,b=50)
color_firebrick = SWF.Color(r=178,g=34,b=34)

shape = SWF.Shape("moveTo 10,10 lineTo 100,10 lineTo 10,100 lineTo 10,10",
        fill=color_darkblue,
        line=(2.5, color_firebrick),
        )
swf.tags += shape

po = SWF.PlaceObject(shape, depth=3)
swf.tags += po

swf.save("tmp/test.swf")

I'll try to get more documentation written in the wiki this weekend. Any contributions are welcome. Also, note that there is a section for examples. Please feel free to add ANY example scripts you've got that demonstrate the capabilities of swftools.

Thanks,

michael