Re: [Swftools-common] Page dimenstions wrong issue?

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Page dimenstions wrong issue?
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2005 18:51:22 +0200

On Wed, Jun 08, 2005 at 11:56:05AM +0100, Steve Howard wrote:
> I'm converting a multipage PDF and the program is producing files fine, but
> the reported size seems to be wrong. At the command line they report as
> 596x842 (its an A4 magazine) but looking within the Flash environment (eg
> bandwidth profiler), they are reporting as 547x 766. When I load them into
> another component (a page flip effect) they do indeed seem to have grown a
> one inch border bottom and right.

Yes, this is a common problem. For some reason, the SWF's "official"
bounding box is ignored when loading the file in other SWFs and
similar environments.
One way to query the correct bounding box is to convert the PDF
using the option "-s bboxvars", and then check for the movie's variables
"xmin", "ymin", "xmax", "ymax", i.e. if the SWF is loaded in another SWF
into the Clip "pdf", then querying (pdf.xmax - pdf.xmax) should return
the right width.

Greetings

Matthias