Re: [Swftools-common] LoadVariables and .text

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] LoadVariables and .text
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 11:16:17 +0100

On Mon, Dec 12, 2005 at 02:31:11PM -0200, michelts wrote:
> I trying to make a text field dinamic without use edittext.

That's not possible. If you want dynamic text, you have to
use edittext. The "normal" .text is like graphics; you can't
modify them in the Player.

> I want to
> load some string from database and show it inside my flash
> application. The problem is that I can't edit the content of a text
> instance.

Just do
    .edittext mytext font=myfont width=400 height=200
variable="_root.somevariable"

and then set the contents of _root.somevariable.

Greetings

Matthias