Re: [Swftools-common] pdf fonts not embedded

From: Jörg Birkhold
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] pdf fonts not embedded
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2007 15:22:53 +0200

hi,

The problem is that the pdf's are not produced by me :-(. And with the fonts there is always a problem regarding licensing etc.
I wonder how can the pdf then displayed correctly?
There must be some outline information embedded...I hoped that this could be used to produce the shapes.

Thanks Joerg

Sam Carr schrieb:
If the fonts are not in the PDF and they are not on your system, how can it
render the text accurately? It's just not technically possible as far as I am
aware. Instead, it will substitute in a different font and the text will
probably not look quite how it was originally intended. So, you either have to
insist that fonts are embedded in the PDF or get hold of them and configure
pdf2swf to know about your intalled fonts.

Regards

Sam