Re: [Swftools-common] Fwd: video problem - RESEND

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Fwd: video problem - RESEND
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2007 22:23:10 +0200

On Wed, Jul 11, 2007 at 01:35:29AM +1000, Phil Rhoades wrote:
> I have downloaded and am trying to convert swf:
>       http://www.mapsofwar.com/images/EMPIRE17.swf
> to some sort of video [...}
>
> swfextract Empire17.swf
> [...]
>  [-i] 6 MovieClips: ID(s) 28, 29, 47, 48, 60, 63
> [...]
>
> Then I run:
>       swfextract -i 48 Empire17.swf -o out.xxx
>
> and I get an out.xxx which is a little smaller than Empire17.swf but it
> appears to be another swf file?

A "MovieClip" in Flash Slang means a SWF file recursively embedded
in another SWF file. It's not a real video file.

There are solutions for converting SWF to Video, but none of those
are contained in swftools. (Except for swfrender, which gives you single
frames out of some simple SWF clips)

One example for a solution to your problem might be
    http://www.flash-video-mx.com/
which I didn't try personally though, so I don't know how good it works.

Greetings

Matthias