Re: [Swftools-common] swf only supports 65536 shapes

From: Ted Chen
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] swf only supports 65536 shapes
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 08:52:01 -0700 (PDT)

The pdf illustrate the problem is here.
http://www.filesend.net/download.php?f=fd3a8e381a82144ab4daff6233a17072
----- Original Message ----
From: Ted Chen <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden
Sent: Wednesday, July 25, 2007 10:15:22 AM

Hi,
    I occasionally get a message "this file is too complex to render- SWF only supports 65536 shapes at once" when I run pdf2swf on a pdf I exported from openoffice.   For example, in the link below, for testing purpose, I have 75 pages that only has the same background on each page, nothing else.   The exported pdf is quite large already (5mb) and pdf2swf failed to handle it for the above reason.  I'm guessing that might be an openoffice export problem.  Can someone confirm that?  Also, is there any suggested workaround?

Thanks,
Ted