Re: [Swftools-common] pdf2swf output crashes all Flash players

From: Jeff Seibert
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] pdf2swf output crashes all Flash players
Date: Thu, 1 May 2008 15:34:06 -0700

Yes, the PDF is CMYK with 6 additional Pantone colors specified. Does this affect it?

Thanks!

Jeff

On May 1, 2008, at 3:18 PM, matt cline wrote:
was the original pdf using the cmyk colorspace?

On Thu, May 1, 2008 at 1:45 PM, Jeff Seibert <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi all,

I have been using SWFTools for quite a while now with great success. Thanks so much for all the effort that has gone into it.

Yesterday, however, I converted a file, and tried to open it and it crashed my browser (and every other flash player I have tried to open it with). I tried the conversion again with no luck.

I have also tried upgrading to the latest CVS checkout, and that did not fix the problem.

Note that all the other files I have converted have worked perfectly... it is only this one (a very complex pdf) that is being problematic. I have posted the problem output file at:

http://www.ariossoftware.com/pub/crashing.swf

(Use wget or curl or something... that link will crash your browser).

I am a bit stumped, as running swfdump on the file produces no erroneous output.

Is someone able to look into the problem? While the file is somewhat confidential, I am willing to provide the original PDF is someone is serious about researching/fixing the issue in pdf2swf.

Thanks,

Jeff