[Swftools-common] PNG files corrupted in .swf file ...

From: Brian Schau
Subject: [Swftools-common] PNG files corrupted in .swf file ...
Date: Thu, 8 May 2008 22:13:41 +0200

Hi,

I have started on a small game to learn how to use swfc and flash.
The game is a simple
rip off of Nintendos "Ball" (80s lcd game :-)

However, it seems that during compilation the graphics files gets
corrupted.   F.ex., one of
my images is the juggler in it's default position:

http://www.ldx.dk/dump/j-good.png

When swfc has imported this graphics it comes out bad:

http://www.ldx.dk/dump/j-corrupted.png

I've extracted the image using swfextract and the embedded image is in
fact corrupted.

The first few lines of my script file are ...

.flash bbox=128x118 fps=8
.png jugglem "resources/jugglem.png"

I cannot see that I do anything particular wrong.   So I guess that it
may be something in
the .png file which is wrong.   I use the Gimp for the pixel art and
when I save the images
as .png files I turn off all options.

So my question is .. should the image files be save with any
particular options enabled?

Best regards,
Brian