[Swftools-common] pdf2swf links

From: ??????? ??????
Subject: [Swftools-common] pdf2swf links
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 09:08:31 +0400

Hi Matthias,

At first, thank you for this amazing and useful tools)

I do flex-application for reading pdf-files and faced with some problems in converting links (I tested in versions 2008-05-14-2122 for win and 0.81).

At tested me pdf-files not convert external links, such as e-mail and “www”.

Also, I tested internal links (across pages):

That works:

> pdf2swf -T 8 manual.pdf -o manual.swf

And generate code, like:

on (release) {

    gotoAndStop(6);

}

That gererate swf with same AS code for swf v9, but doesn’t work in Flash Player:

> pdf2swf -T 9 manual.pdf -o manual.swf

But I need custom click handler, so I use “-s linkfunction” param:

> pdf2swf -T 8 -s linkfunction=yourPressHandler manual.pdf -o manual.swf

Result – swf file with empty handlers:

on (release) {

}

Questions:

·         Does work properly external link converting?

·         When I use option "-p" to extract individual pages, the links have become inactive, but it is not good for me. Many pdf-files can not be converted into single swf-file (64K objects limit), so I need to break pdf-file on pages and load separately.

·         Possible to use their own click handlers for external and internal links?