Re: [Swftools-common] creating an swf

From: John Francis Lee
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] creating an swf
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 11:08:52 +0700

Matthias Kramm wrote:
On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 08:09:19PM +0700, John Francis Lee <address@hidden>
wrote:
I have a project in mind. It is to compose a series of swfs with voice over.

 The first is composed of a single .avi and a single .mp3
 The rest are each composed of a series of .jpg files and a single .mp3

I have made single .swf files of from each of the .jpg files.
Individually they fill the browser's screen, but when I combine them they are all different sizes, are located in the upper left corner of the browser window, and flash by very quickly. I would like to be able to control the length of time each of the .jpg's is displayed and the transitions between them. Perhaps fade one out and another in.

I guess you used swfcombine? If yes, you probably should use the --cat
option.
However, a I guess a more promising approach might be to instead write a swfc script which loads each .swf file into a seperate frame and then
forwards to the next one once it's finished.
Together with sound, this will look something like this:

.flash name=combined.swf fps=50

    .frame 1
        .sound sound1 sound1.mp3
        .swf file1 file1.swf
        .put file1
        .play sound1
    .frame 2
        .action:
            if(file1._currentframe < file1._totalframes) {
                gotoAndStop(1);
            }
        .end
    .frame 3
        .stop sound1
        .del file1

        .sound sound2 sound2.mp3
        .swf file2.swf
        .put file2
        .play sound2
    .frame 4
        .action:
            if(file2._currentframe < file2._totalframes) {
        ... etc ...

For images, the frames will look like this instead:
.frame 5
        .sound sound1 sound1.mp3
        .png image1 image1.swf
        .put image1
        .sprite file3 # just for the delay
            .frame 50
        .end
        .put file3
        .play sound1

with the "50" controlling how long the image is displayed.

Hope that helps,

Matthias

I'm just trying to get started here. I have generated my .swf from a .avi file and recorded my own .mp3. ffmpeg told me that the file was 30 fps, although it doesn't seem to make much difference whether I use fps=50 or fps=30. The voice over stops about halfway through, and the .swf plays back at about half the speed of the .avi, whether it's combined with the .mp3 or not. It does seem to be slower when combined.

Do you see anything obvious that I am doing wrong?

.flash name=combined.swf fps=30
        .frame 1
        .sound sound1 Scene3.mp3
        .swf file1 seaIce_2008_V2_wDates.swf
        .put file1
        .play sound1
.end

I will try to work with the individual .jpg's converted to .swf's next.

Thank you very much for all your help. You are very generous,

--
"This message may have been intercepted and read by U.S. government agencies including the FBI, CIA, and NSA without notice or warrant or knowledge of sender or recipient."

John Francis Lee
1025/37 Thanon Jet Yod
T.Wiang A.Mueang J.Chiangrai 57000