Re: [Swftools-common] Transparent background revisited

From: Jonas Petersson
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Transparent background revisited
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 08:01:11 +0100

Hi all,

On Tue, Nov 4, 2008 at 18:20, Matthias Kramm <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 04, 2008 at 04:57:24PM +0100, Jonas Petersson <address@hidden>
> wrote:
>> > How can I create transparent SWFs from PDFs?
>> >  Run pdf2swf as usual, and then, on the resulting file, execute:
>> >  swfextract -i 3- file.swf -o file.swf
>>
>> Using swfdump I can see that indeed some ids have been removed, but
>> when I put two swfs in top of each other the top one will still
>> obscure the bottom one.
>
> That shouldn't happen. Could you provide example files?

For the benefit of the rest of you on this list, here are the files I
sent to Matthias yesterday.The background file has been produced with
0.8.1 and works as expected along with overlay data produced with
ming. No matter what I've tried with overlay.pdf, I've been unable to
make it show up on top of the background (it will obscure it all). If
I instead work with it on ps level, I can produce a pdf that looks
like expected, but that is a route I'd like to avoid for several
reason (file size and execution time are only the two more obvious).

                                                     Best / Jonas