Re: [Swftools-common] pdf2swf parameters in scripting environment

From: Novice Programmer
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] pdf2swf parameters in scripting environment
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2008 14:40:39 +0530

Hello Mathias,

With best possible conversion rate i mean that pdf2swf should not fail in converting the pdf. What should be the command line for that... Like -o1 and -o2 for complex pdfs etc etc.

Thanks.

On Wed, Nov 5, 2008 at 3:49 AM, Matthias Kramm <address@hidden> wrote:
On Tue, Nov 04, 2008 at 11:58:10PM +0530, Novice Programmer <address@hidden> wrote:
> I was confused by the list of parameters available in pdf2swf. Was wondering
> if you can suggest the parameters for the use of pdf2swf in scripting
> environment for the best conversion rate.

I guess by "conversion rate" you mean maximum filesize reduction?
Check out the thread
"pdf2swf - How to reduce the swf file size?"
from a few days ago.

Generally, "-s subpixels=1" and "-s jpegquality=40" (or lower than 40)
seem to yield the biggest benefit, but there are other options.

Greetings

Matthias

--
Thanks & Regards,