[Swftools-common] Re: Embedding SWFs from pdf2swf produce mxmlc compiler

From: Daniel Swid
Subject: [Swftools-common] Re: Embedding SWFs from pdf2swf produce mxmlc compiler error
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 14:29:23 +0200

I found some other posts on the web about this error, here are links as a reference.

http://osdir.com/ml/text.xml.swfmill/2006-04/msg00112.html

http://the-labs.com/MacromediaFlash/SWF-Spec/SWFfilereference.html (search for Shape Architecture)

On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 1:48 PM, Daniel Swid <address@hidden> wrote:
Using pdf2swf I create page swf files from an input pdf file.
pdf2swf.exe --flashversion=9 input.pdf -o page%%.swf

Next, I have an AS3 project where I would like to embed a page from the SWF file using the following syntax.

[Embed( source='pages/page1.swf')]
private var mypage:Class;

Upon compiling, I get the following error.

C:\projects\PageLib\src\com\confidela\Main.as(13): col: 4: Error: exception during transcoding: unrecognized fill style type: 212
C:\projects\PageLib\src\com\confidela\Main.as(13): col: 4: Error: Unable to transcode pages/page1.swf.

I also tried with flashversion 8 and got the same results. Anyone aware of this and know a work around?