[Swftools-common] clipping a swf file - swfbbox/swfcombine

From: Mark A. Lowe
Subject: [Swftools-common] clipping a swf file - swfbbox/swfcombine
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 17:10:18 +1100

Hey guys,

I have the following swf file :
http://www.mmr.com.au/swf-size-issue/front.swf

The original FLA was set up with the dimensions of 900x1273. I am loading
this into a page-flip viewer but I'm having sizing issues.

I've used swfbbox -B and it says the Real Movie Size is 977.90 x 1346.35.
This must be due to the elements being animated outside the bounding box.

Is there any way to clip the file so when it load it into my page-flip Flash
application it comes in at 900x1273?

I've tried to clip with swfbbox -O  -c etc but I get the error messages
"Move tags not supported with -c".

I've also tried swfcombine dummy -X 900 -Y 1273 but to no avail. When I open
up the generated SWFs they just close automatically.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated as it's for an important
client with a tight deadline!

Many thanks,

Mark.

  _____

mark lowe
multimedia director

multimedia resource australia

t:

+61 3 9090 7000

m:

+61 424257967

e:

 <mailto:address@hidden> address@hidden

w:

 <http://www.mmr.com.au/> www.mmr.com.au

 MMR Studio, Suite 111a, 434 St. Kilda Road, Melbourne, VIC 3004