Re: [Swftools-common] XML.load()

From: Chris Pugh
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] XML.load()
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 13:21:22 +0000

2008/11/24 Matthias Kramm <address@hidden>:
> On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 11:22:54AM +0000, Chris Pugh <address@hidden> wrote:
>> I can indeed access the XML data by directly printing myXML.  However,
>> trying such as,
>>
>>      myXML.firstChild.firstChild.attributes.name;
>>
>> on myXML results in 'undefined', rather than the specific chunk of xml
>> data one is after.
>
> Thanks for clarifying.

Think I need to do some more.  Changed the data load checking function
round, and
it behaves slightly differently.   Will post again.

> You say that that specific piece of ActionScript *does* work
> in other applications, like the Flash IDE?

No Mattias.  I'm only compiling with swfc at present.  Don't have a
copy of Flash
here.

> If yes, you could send me an example SWF so that I can compare
> bytecodes?

If I can find one then yes, sure.  Unless you'd like to try it
yourself from the example
I posted?  See,

     http://nordberg.me.uk/swfc_samples/samples/006.sc.txt

and,

    http://nordberg.me.uk/swfc_samples/samples/006.html

BTW, only recently started playing with swftools and Action Script
itself.    Neat set of tools,
you have here.  ( Maybe I'll be able to contribute in some way at some stage )

Cheers,

Chris.