Re: [Swftools-common] XML.load()

From: Chris Pugh
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] XML.load()
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2008 12:34:24 +0000

2008/11/25 Matthias Kramm <address@hidden>:
> On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 01:21:22PM +0000, Chris Pugh <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Think I need to do some more.  Changed the data load checking function
>> round, and
>> it behaves slightly differently.   Will post again.
> Let me know.

Count on it.  Further investigation is on its way.

>> No Mattias.  I'm only compiling with swfc at present.  Don't have a
>> copy of Flash here.
>
> Hm. Ok. Because I *do* suspect the problem in Flash, not in swfc.

You mean as in the Flash API itself? ok.

>> BTW, only recently started playing with swftools and Action Script
>> itself.
>
> You might be interested to know that I'm working on an AS3 compiler,
> to be integrated into (among others) swfc.

Progress?  ;o)  Yes, I am interested.  Presume info about this will be posted to
the maiing list is due course?   What, may one ask,  is the 'among others' bit?

> What you're playing with right now is ActionScript 2.0, which is
> outdated, and not half as cool as ActionScript 3.0. :)

Yes it is.  But still useful.  I'm going to dig into the source when my poor old
( literally ) brain can cope.

Thanks .

Chris.