[Swftools-common] Runtime errors w/ pdf2swf --flashversion=9

From: Zohair Hyder
Subject: [Swftools-common] Runtime errors w/ pdf2swf --flashversion=9
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 17:28:45 -0800

I need to use flashversion=9 for a Flex project. I don't need any
viewer (or loader) per se. I've tried various combinations but I
believe the following command should be sufficient:

pdf2swf --flashversion=9 source.pdf -o dest.swf

The resulting swf produces the following runtime errors when loaded
(whether within Flex or separately by Flash Player):

VerifyError: Error #1033: Cpool entry 2 is wrong type.
ReferenceError: Error #1065: Variable MainTimeline is not defined.

If I load it with Flash Player, after dismissing the errors, I can see
(what looks like) a properly converted swf. Within the Flex project,
the swf is automatically unloaded upon running into the errors though.

For reference, I'm using:
- Mac OS 10.5.5
- Tried both Flash Player 9.0.124 and 10.0.12.36
- swftools-2008-11-19-1013 (latest dev snapshot)

Thanks for the help!