[Swftools-common] simple magnifier

From: xian
Subject: [Swftools-common] simple magnifier
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2008 15:16:05 +0100

Hi all,

I created a simple magnifier by SWFTools:

http://dta.hu/swftools/simple_magnifier/

The purpuse behind this viewer is to prevent printing of the original picture. There is a second version with a low-resolution background picture:

http://dta.hu/swftools/simple_magnifier2/

I prefer the second one, as if someone downloads the SWF file and zooms in (with a standalone flash player, for example), then he is able to print a more detailed picture.

I plan to integrate this magnifier with rfxview.

Some questions:

1. Though I hide the mouse, under Linux FireFox3 with flash 10.0 r15 does not hide it (Win FF does, Win IE6 does). Laurent's Flash Eyes seems to behave differently. Why?
2. I could not use .define values in the actionscript: why?
3. I tried simple_viewer's watermark functionality to prevent printing: IE6 ignored it (seems to make a screenshot of the SWF). Any experience on that?

KrisztiƔn