Re: [Swftools-common] 100% CPU when convert using PDF2SWF

From: Matt Cline
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] 100% CPU when convert using PDF2SWF
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2009 08:58:52 -0700

With .net you could use mutithreading and worker process queues.

On Jun 20, 2009, at 7:43 AM, filip sound <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi Thiago,

everything that needs some time to process naturally takes 100% cpu on a computer unless it is run as a new thread with certain settings concerning cpu usage. it also depends of the cpu architecutre (i.e. how many cores it has). it's easier to handle cpu usage on linux than it is in windows because you can send processes to background or a certain cpu core with the console when you run the program. i have no clue on how to do that in windows without coding a tool for it. i don't know if matthias has implemented anything like a cpu manager - i doubt it.

i'm doing cpu management on a linux server which enqueues all requests and processes 3 at a time (4 cores on the cpu), so one core is free to handle new requests.

hope that helped somehow ...
  filip