Re: [Swftools-common] pdf2swf javascript events

From: Onur Tugcu
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] pdf2swf javascript events
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 06:42:41 +0300

Onur

you should care about the bytecode swf generated from mxmlc compiler, where is different a lot from the compiler inside pdf2swf. The only info added to the pdf2swf is in the header not on the entire swf file structure.

If you're trying to combine both swf from Flex bytecode and pdf2swf you will never got it working correctly.

Hi Igor

So I understand that I need to build the project as an amv1 component in order to combine with swfcombine. Thanks for the information. You also have a very nice blog. I wish the swftools documentation was clear on this.

On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 2:07 AM, Ricardo Pedroso <address@hidden> wrote:
On Sun, Jun 21, 2009 at 6:39 AM, <address@hidden> wrote:

> I have one web service where I will keep the page flipped events
> I want to have one client (student) flash which will receive page events
> from the server
> And one control client (teacher) flash which will send the web service flip
> events.

I'm curious about the student client implementation.
How you send events to the client?
Are you using a persistent protocol like RTMP?

If you use HTTP I don't understand how ExternalInterface can help you.

Hi Ricardo

The student page is like this

[viewer (student can't page flip it)]
[chat]
[media (student can't play it by himself)]

chat control is the only one which connects to the server and gets teacher's page flipped and media play/pause events. Then it calls _javascript_ and _javascript_ switches viewer page or plays/stops media. So only one connection from one control on the page is enough. I already did the media, and now, the presentation viewer!

Thank you very much for the example, I now understand I have to load the swf dynamically into the flex without swfcombine (as3, amv2) application and there is currently no other way.

Regards

Onur