[Swftools-common] crossdomain.xml

From: Brent Lamborn
Subject: [Swftools-common] crossdomain.xml
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 15:23:55 -0500

Hi all,

It seems SWF generated by pdf2swf don’t adhere to the crossdomain.xml file. The issue arises when, for example – I want to do something to a SWF generated by pdf2swf that I retrieve from a web service from a different domain. I can load and display the SWF in my flash app just fine, but the moment I attempt to do anything with the generated SWF, I get a security exception. Here is a copy of my crossdomain.xml file that resides at the web service domain:

<cross-domain-policy xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="http://www.adobe.com/xml/schemas/PolicyFile.xsd">

<site-control permitted-cross-domain-policies="master-only"/>

<allow-access-from domain="*" secure="false"/>

<allow-http-request-headers-from domain="*" headers="*" secure="false"/>

</cross-domain-policy>

With the file above, I should be able to manipulate the SWF from my flash app with no problem. Instead I get an exception telling my I need to call Security.allowDomain in the generated SWF.

Is it possible to add support for the crossdomain.xml standard  to pdf2swf or is there a known work around?

Thanks,

Brent