Re: [Swftools-common] help needed in installing swftools in linux

From: Ricardo Pedroso
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] help needed in installing swftools in linux
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 20:47:20 +0100

On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 8:11 AM, Suresh Bhardwaj
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi!

> I have downloaded  giflib-4.1.6.tar.bz2, configured and compiled it
> successfully but could not “make install” as I do not have root access.
>
> How can I configure swftools to search ungif from an alternative path???

I think you will need libungif from the same site of giflib

1. Check if you system has the libungif  runtime libraries:
ls -l /usr/lib/libungif*.so

then download the same version.

2. In libungif do:

  ./configure --prefix=/your/home/progsdir
   make
   make install

this will install libungif in /your/home/progsdir

3. We have to fool configure.
    Change configure, around line 9882:

  echo "* Disabling gif2swf tool..."
  GIF2SWF=

  echo "* Disabling gif2swf tool..."
  GIF2SWF='gif2swf$(E)'

4. change Makefile.common
around line 10:
INCLUDES=
INCLUDES=-I/home/ricardo/progsdir/include

and around line 22:

LIBS=  -L/usr/local/lib -ljpeg -lz -lm  -lz -lfontconfig -lfreetype

LIBS=  -L/usr/local/lib -ljpeg -lz -lm  -lz -lfontconfig -lfreetype
-L/home/ricardo/progsdir/lib -lungif

Now, I hope,  you can compile swftools

Be aware the every time you run configure, it will override you
Makefile.common changes.

Could be a better way, but I dont know.

Ricardo