[Swftools-common] Flash Neophyte: PDF2SWF-generated movie appearing on t

From: Brian Howell
Subject: [Swftools-common] Flash Neophyte: PDF2SWF-generated movie appearing on top of viewer
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 22:22:46 -0700

I've just started playing around with Flash, using PDF2SWF. I've been successful viewing paged documents by linking [-B] the bundled 'simpleviewer'. However, I want to use ZViewer, which loads a SWF for display. If I pass ZViewer a SWF file that's been linked to with simpleviewer, then the simpleviewer player appears within ZViewer's viewport and the original SWF within simpleviewer. However, if I omit linking simpleviewer, then the SWF appears on top of ZViewer (extends outside of the viewport). Regardless of the approach, the SWF cannot be paged within ZViewer.

What do I have to do to make a SWF play within the ZViewer viewport (clipped to the viewport's boundaries) and also allow it to be paged (respond to ZViewer's paging controls).

Brian Howell
Remember alcohol and calculus don't mix, so don't drink and derive.

Twitter: SensuLato

Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside.

-- Mark Twain