Re: [Swftools-common] pdf2swf -I

From: Yousif Masoud
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] pdf2swf -I
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 11:39:23 +0000

On Thu, Sep 24, 2009 at 5:17 PM, Ricardo Pedroso <address@hidden> wrote:
On Thu, Sep 24, 2009 at 5:22 PM, Joseph Masoud <address@hidden> wrote:
> rmdpedroso wrote:
>
> On Thu, Sep 24, 2009 at 2:38 PM, Joseph Masoud <address@hidden>
> wrote:
>

> Hello everyone,
> I downloaded swftools 0.9.0 today and successfully installed on a CENT OS
> x64 server.
>
> For some reason, pdf2swf -I no longer outputs to command line by default -
> it's asking me to specify a file name for the output of the info option; if
> I specify a txt file, all the standard output of pdf2swf -I is in it.
>
> Is there any way to revert back to previous behaviour?
> (I installed [the same version (I think) of] swftools successfully on a x64
> debian server roughly 2 months ago and pdf2swf -I fileinstance outputs to
> the command line.)
>

> Strange,  that problem appears only in the first development versions
> after 0.9.0, I think.
> Are you sure you downloaded 0.9.0?
>
> Ricardo
>

> Ricardo,
> Many thanks for your response, very much appreciated.  I can certainly try
> again.  The difference in height between the download link for the two
> versions is quite significant on the swftools page but in my current state,
> nothing is impossible!
>
> I have used the -0.9.0.tar.gz file I downloaded two months ago and
> everything is in working order!

I may be wrong, too.
I downloaded today the 0.9.0 to test this issue, and I didn't see any
problem related to it.

For our sake, just try download again the 0.9.0

PS: Do a reply all to include the mailing

Ricardo

Hello,
Sorry for reviving an old topic, but I'm still having the same issue with swftools 0.9.0 (I downloaded today and installed on a Debian x64 server):

pdf2swf -v gives:
pdf2swf - part of swftools 0.9.0

When I issue pdf2swf -I filename.pdf, I get:
NOTICE  Output filename not given. Writing to filename.swf

This did not happen previously (swftools 0.9.0 II downloaded about four months ago now)

I downloaded the file from:
http://www.swftools.org/download.html

2650699 2009-07-21 swftools-0.9.0.tar.gz

I copied the pdf2swf.c file from the src directory of the copy I downloaded 4 months ago into the src directory of the copy I downloaded today and pdf2swf is now outputting to stdout.  I'll dig deeper later on today.

Thanks,
Joseph