Fwd: [Swftools-common] Problems with PNG placement

From: Chris Pugh
Subject: Fwd: [Swftools-common] Problems with PNG placement
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2010 04:54:21 +0000

|| 8 March 2010 18:57, from Mickm <address@hidden ||

Not sure I explained the problem well enough. Let me try again. The first
row (top row) and first column (left column) of pixels in the image are
being duplicated. This is making the image one pixel wider and one pixel
longer and as a result the last row (bottom row) and last column (right
column) of pixels are not appearing (effectively being pushed off the
stage).

It would not be possible to see this with the image you attached in your
last message as all the pixels are red. If a black border, one pixel thick
were added around the edge of the image, then the problem would present
itself. The resulting swf would display an image with a black border two
pixels thick on the left and top, and no border on the bottom and right.

I have included the original attachments again (zipped up this time) so you
can have a better look. I used a border that changed from black to yellow so
I could establish if the pixels were being duplicated or if the image was
being corrupted and the last row/column were being shown as the first
row/column. The png was created using the GIMP.

Hope this makes more sense.
Cheers,
Mick